The world is asking firms to make the difference. It is asking them to make choices that consider more than just their economic interests. It is asking them to weight not only their shareholders’ benefit, but also the impact on all stakeholders: employees, customers, the Society, and the environment.
Lampa is proud to have become the first certified B Corporation firm in the luxury accessories sector in 2020.
In 2020, Lampa became a Benefit Corporation. We extended our corporate purpose to formalize our commitment to pursue the values we believe in.
Environmentally friendly manufacturing processes
We aim to reduce the environmental footprint of our manufacturing:
- we use a closed-circuit water system: we realized a state-of-the-art rainwater collection plant that allows us to reuse it in the production process;
- we recycle or re-inject in the production cycle 50% of production waste. We have a zero-waste target, especially when it comes to plastic materials;
- we constantly look for ways to save energy, through next-generation machineries and our photovoltaic system.
Positive Working Environment
We want our employees to always feel fulfilled and proud to work with us:
- we apply sever health and safety standards;
- we incentivize efficiency through performance-based awards that can be won by anyone in the company, regardless of their position. We actively cooperate to improve our employees’ work-life balance, finding solutions that meet everyone’s needs;
- we believe in the possibility of making a career inside the firm, creating internal training opportunities to favour employees’ growth.
Benefits for the territory
A company cannot grow ignoring the territory where it is based, and Lampa has always had a strong bond with the surrounding community:
- we favour local suppliers, which we engage after verifying their compliance to our Ethics Code (link to the Ethics Code).
- we create jobs, an immediate benefit to the community, and we work to improve staff retention and reduce turnover rates.
- we support the local amateur sports teams, which play a very important role in the phyco-physical development of the new generations, and the volunteering associations, which in the darkest months of 2020 have shown their great value, especially in our territory.